To gain a better understanding about participating in an online course, view the video below. If you would like additional information about signing up for a course, visit Registering for Classes at University College or e-mail email@example.com. If you are interested in attending Syracuse University as a part-time student, visit our Future Students web page.
All Syracuse University students require an active SU NetID and password to access online courses and course materials in Blackboard. Visit the SU ITS web site to activate or recover your SU NetID and password. You must wait one business day after registering for your online course to have access to Blackboard or see your class listed under My Courses in Blackboard.
Your course will be listed as “unavailable” under My Courses in Blackboard until your instructor opens the course for student access. Contact your instructor directly if your course is not available at least one week prior to the start of the semester.
Minimum Computer Requirements
You should discuss special technology requirements with your course instructor or the UC Online Help Desk prior to enrolling in an online course. At a minimum, you will need the following to participate in most online courses at Syracuse University:
- PC or Macintosh computer with 1 gigabyte of RAM (2 gigabytes of RAM recommended)
- Minimum of 2 gigabytes of available disk space
- Sound card with speakers or headphones
- Microsoft Office or OpenOffice
- Internet Access – broadband (Cable, DSL, or FIOS)
- A supported web browser. For complete list, visit SU Answers
- Plugins – Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Java